Friday, April 8, 2011

Doda's Arab Makeup - Dramatic Rainbow Eyes

I followed this tutorial to get this look:


I wasn't 100% sure about this look before I started, but I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I went ahead.  It turned out looking better than I expected, and I was very happy with it.  In person I thought the colors looked very opaque and vibrant, but looking at the photos I wasn't quite as impressed.  They looked a little sheer and dusty.  I used the 88 Matte palette as directed in the video (except for the yellow, which is Sugarpill's Buttercupcake), but I think it might look better with nicer shadows.

Here's another shot with my eyes open:


I think the lipstick is one of my NYX crayons.  Maybe Hera?  I like the NYX crayons a lot and am planning to try some of their lipsticks.

2 comments: